- Title: Amazon plans to split HQ2 evenly between two cities - WSJ
- Date: 6th November 2018
- Summary: CRYSTAL CITY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 5, 2018) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BANNERS THAT READ IN ENGLISH: 'CRYSTAL CITY' VARIOUS OF BUILDINGS IN CRYSTAL CITY SIGN READS IN ENGLISH: 'WELCOME TO CRYSTAL CITY' VIEW OF BUILDING VARIOUS OF METRO SIGN READS IN ENGLISH: 'CRYSTAL CITY STATION' CRYSTAL CITY STREET
- Embargoed: 20th November 2018 01:39
- Keywords: retailer 50000 jobs HQ2 WSJ company e-commerce
- Location: NEW YORK, CRYSTAL CITY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, CRYSTAL CITY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA004958D6X3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITOR'S NOTE: THIS EDIT DOES NOT CONTAIN IMAGES OF DALLAS, TEXAS AS NO VISUALS WERE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
Amazon.com Inc. is planning to split its second headquarters evenly between two locations rather than picking one city, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday (November 5), citing a person familiar with the matter.
The retailer previously announced a planned investment of $5 billion and 50,000 jobs for the second headquarters.
Under the new plan, the e-commerce giant will split the workforce with 25,000 employees in each city, the WSJ report https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-plans-to-split-hq2-evenly-between-two-cities-1541446552?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=3 said.
The company's motive behind the decision is recruiting enough tech talent, the report said.
A decision and announcement could come as soon as this week, according to the newspaper.
The WSJ reported on Sunday that Seattle-based Amazon was in advanced talks with Dallas, New York, the Crystal City area of northern Virginia and a few other candidates for the location of its second headquarters.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None