- Title: Man United's Lukaku out of Juve game with injury
- Date: 6th November 2018
- Summary: TURIN, ITALY (NOVEMBER 6, 2018) (REUTERS) ****WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MANCHESTER UNITED COACH JOSE MOURINHO ARRIVING AT NEWS CONFERENCE PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED COACH, JOSE MOURINHO, SAYING: "(Striker Romelu Lukaku is) injured, injured for tomorrow and we don't know for (the match of) Sunday (against Manchester City)" MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED COACH, JOSE MOURINHO, SAYING: "We work every day to try but the reality is that normally we don't start matches well, but if we don't start well and we end well, that's fine. It's even good fun for the fans, but football is 90 minutes and especially when your opponent is strong, if you give 45 minute advantage, or even 20 or even 10, you have a mountain to climb." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED COACH, JOSE MOURINHO, SAYING: "The good thing is that lately, apart from the Juventus match, we were strong enough to climb the mountain and to change results and to win matches in second halves and in the last minutes. But because I think we are speaking about tomorrow's match, when you play against a super team you give an advantage it's difficult to climb the mountain then." MEDIA MOURINHO LEAVING NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) JUVENTUS COACH, MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI, SAYING: "Tomorrow we have to play an important game, we need a better game than the one we played in Manchester, especially because Manchester United is a team, as they showed in Manchester, that even without doing a good game from a technical point of view could be dangerous at any time of the game." MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) JUVENTUS COACH, MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI, SAYING: "(I expect Cristiano Ronaldo) to score a goal! He did not play in the first (Champions League) match, he did not play in the second (Champions League) match. He played only once (against Manchester United) and he did an assist. He did not play so many games in the Champions League." CAMERA ALLEGRI LEAVING
- Embargoed: 20th November 2018 21:22
- Keywords: soccer football Group H Juventus Romelu Lukaku Manchester United Massimiliano Allegri Jose Mourinho Champions League
- Location: TURIN, ITALY
- City: TURIN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00195DD5XB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Striker Romelu Lukaku has been ruled out of Manchester United's Champions League match at Juventus due to a muscle injury, manager Jose Mourinho said on Tuesday (November 6).
Lukaku, who has four goals for United this season but has failed to score for his club since mid-September, missed last Saturday's trip to Bournemouth with a muscle injury.
During a news conference on the eve of clash against Juventus, Mourinho told reporters that Belgian striker will not play against Juve and also that he does not know if he will available for Sunday's (November 11) derby against Manchester City.
The Portuguese coach added that his side does not start matches well - but have been strong enough to fight back in the closing stages.
Juventus won 1-0 at Old Trafford last month but Allegri isn't underestimating the Red Devils and suggested his club will have to play better than in the first leg if they want to get all three points again.
He added that he hopes Cristiano Ronaldo will break his Champions League goal scoring drought this season score against the team he played for until 2009.
Serie A leaders Juventus have won the three games they have played in Group H while Manchester United are second, five points adrift of the Bianconeri.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None