- Title: Win or not, dancing figured into election night
- Date: 7th November 2018
- Summary: WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 6, 2018) (REUTERS) HOUSE MINORITY LEADER NANCY PELOSI (DEMOCRAT - CALIFORNIA) DANCING ON STAGE WITH HER GRANDSONS
- Embargoed: 21st November 2018 06:21
- Keywords: dancing Nancy Pelosi election Republican Democrat
- Location: CHARLESTOWN, WEST VIRGINIA/ATLANTA, GEORGIA/WASHINGTON D.C./EL PASO, TEXAS, UNITED STATES
- City: CHARLESTOWN, WEST VIRGINIA/ATLANTA, GEORGIA/WASHINGTON D.C./EL PASO, TEXAS, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA00195IACLJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: After weeks of campaigning, some took the opportunity to relax and move to the rhythm as midterm election results came in on Tuesday (November 6).
House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi, who saw her Democrats return to power in the House of Representatives, clapped her hands as she danced on stage with her grandsons. In Georgia where Democrat Stacey Abrams, is vying to become the nation's first African-American female governor, a dance troupe entertained the crowd as Abrams supporters waited for results.
One disappointed supporter of Democrat Beto O'Rourke wrapped herself in the Texas flag and danced with other supporters after he was defeated by Republican Senator Ted Cruz.
In West Virginia, Democratic Senator Joe Manchin's supporters celebrated his victory with a dance party, complete with a person on stage calling out moves.
While Democrats appeared to be doing most of the dancing, Republicans had plenty to celebrate. The party managed to increase their majority in the Senate.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None