- Title: Elton John rakes in $3.9 million at his annual AIDS Foundation gala
- Date: 6th November 2018
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 5, 2018) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF SIR ELTON JOHN AND DAVID FURNISH POSING FOR PICTURES JOHN SPEAKING TO REPORTER VARIOUS OF MODEL, IMAN, POSING FOR PICTURES SINGER, TONY BENNETT, WITH WIFE, SUSAN CROW, POSING FOR PICTURES VARIOUS OF SINGER, SHERYL CROW, POSING FOR PICTURES PAN INTO JOURNALIST, GAYLE KING, POSING FOR PICTURES PAN OUT OF ACTRESS, JUDITH LIGHT, POSING FOR PICTURES ACTRESS, CONNIE BRITTON, POSING FOR PICTURES DESIGNER, DONNA KAREN, POSING FOR PICTURES AUTHOR, CANDACE BUSHNELL, POSING FOR PICTURES MODEL, LYDIA HEARST, AND TELEVISION PERSONALITY, CHRIS HARDWICK, POSING FOR PICTURES
- Embargoed: 20th November 2018 19:34
- Keywords: Elton John charity AIDS foundation gala
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00195DCTAL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The Rocket Man, Elton John, became the money man after raising $3.9 million (USD) at his annual New York Gala for his AIDS Foundation on Monday (November 5).
The yearly event is held "to support HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, supporting services, and advocacy programs across the globe," through the singer's 26 year old organization.
Philanthropist Patricia Hearst and Ford Foundation's Darren Walker were among the night's honorees, while journalist Gayle King served as host.
Celebrity friends including model Iman, actress Judith Light and Tony Bennett walked the carpet before heading into the gala.
Singer Sheryl Crow entertained the crowd with a few of her hit songs including, 'Everyday if a Winding Road' and 'If It Makes You Happy.'
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None