- Title: Black Eyed Peas and The Script praise women at Music Industry Trusts Awards
- Date: 5th November 2018
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (NOVEMBER 5, 2018) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF BLACK EYED PEAS BANDMEMBERS APL.DE.AP [LEFT] AND TABOO [RIGHT] (SOUNDBITE) (English) BLACK EYED PEAS MEMBER, TABOO, WHEN ASKED THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A WOMEN GETTING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AWARD, SAYING: "Well you know first of all I was inspired by a woman which was my grandmother. She was my motivation to pursue my dreams and my aspirations. She gave me the driving force, the warrior spirit. So, we have so much love and appreciation for women in general especially Ms. Banks (Emma), you know what she's done the things that she's accomplished, so we're just here to celebrate that and just celebrate all women that have empowered to be able to do great things and inspire others." THE SCRIPT BANDMEMBERS DANNY O'DONOGHUE [RIGHT] AND MARK SHEEHAN [LEFT] PHOTOGRAPHERS VARIOUS OF THE SCRIPT (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) THE SCRIPT BANDMEMBER, MARK SHEEHAN, SAYING: "I suppose we are here for many, here to support our good friend Emma (Banks) but it is quite important she's the first executive to get this award. So, I know artist have gotten it, a female artist have gotten but this is the first executive because people forget that the graceful swan that's gone across the lake no one ever sees the feet going underneath that. So, you know Emma has been grinding for 25 years and helping artists for years, so she's actually a great lady and then without people like this where are we going to be in our industry you know." SINGER BETH DITTO POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS PHOTOGRAPHERS BETH DITTO POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) SINGER BETH DITTO, WHEN ASKED WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A FEMALE MUSIC EXECUTIVE HONOURED, SAYING: "Also, it just like it sucks that we still are having to say that but it means, that means a lot to me because I think there needs to be more women doing that job because there are so many women who are doing the job that I do but they're not being represented by people who understand (knocks microphone and starts drumming on it) their needs and what they need and what they want."
- Embargoed: 19th November 2018 21:40
- Keywords: Florence Welch Florence and the machine Black Eyed Peas MITS Award 2018 Emma Banks CAA
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA001958D2ZD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. SHOTS 11 & 12 ARE MUTE
Black Eyed Peas bandmembers Apl.De.Ap and Taboo were among stars who came out to honour Emma Banks, recipient of the 2018 Music Industry Trusts Award, on Monday (November 5).
Banks is a talent agent who currently represents artists including Katy Perry, Lorde and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
The agent now joins Kylie Minogue who has previously been given the honour but is only the third female in the events 27 years to win the prestigious award.
"It took sixteen years before Kylie got honoured at this award, she was the first. And I'm very, very happy and proud to be the third and I know that there's now going to be way more," she said.
The event held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London also raised money for music therapy charity Nordoff Robbins and The Brit School, the United Kingdom's leading performing arts school.
Florence Welch, Beth Ditto and The Script bandmembers Danny O'Donoghue and Mark Sheehan also attended.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None