- Title: PETA India gifts rescued bull to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Date: 18th May 2018
- Summary: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (MAY 18, 2018) (REUTERS) PAINTING CREATED BY STUDENTS TO COMMEMORATE WEDDING OF PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE
- Embargoed: 1st June 2018 15:04
- Keywords: India Sangli Mumbai 'Merry' People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) British Royal wedding
- Location: MUMBAI AND SANGLI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- City: MUMBAI AND SANGLI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0028GECX1J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Indian wing of animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has gifted Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with a framed photograph of a rescued bull as a present for their wedding on Saturday (May 19).
PETA's associate director of celebrity and public relations, Sachin Bangera, said on Friday (May 18) the gift reflects Markle's stance towards animal rights and their wellbeing.
The gift is a framed photograph of a bull named 'Merry' - a hybrid of 'Meghan' and 'Harry' - with the story of the bovine's rescue. Merry is currently residing in a sanctuary in western Maharashtra state.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None