- Title: â€˜Baahubaliâ€™ frenzy grips fans across India
- Date: 28th April 2017
- Summary: HYDERABAD, INDIA (APRIL 28, 2017) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (ANI - NO ACCESS BBC) GIANT CUTOUT OF INDIAN ACTOR PRABHAS, PROTAGONIST IN BAAHUBALI VARIOUS OF FIRECRACKERS OUTSIDE THEATRE GIANT CUTOUT OF INDIAN ACTOR PRABHAS / CONFETTI IN THE AIR FANS POURING MILK ON PRABHAS' CUT OUT MAN PLAYING A DRUM VARIOUS OF FAN DANCING VARIOUS OF MEN PLAYING DRUMS FANS WATCHING MEN PLAYING DRUMS VARIOUS OF FANS STANDING AND WAITING OUTSIDE A THEATRE (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) A FAN, SAI, SAYING: "We are very happy. We have been here since early morning. We have conducted 'Palabhishekam' (a ritual that involves a milk bath). We are also going to crack coconuts so that no bad omen falls upon it (the film) as there has been such a good response to it. We want our hero to have a long life. We are very happy and treating it as a festival." THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, INDIA (APRIL 28, 2017) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (ANI - NO ACCESS BBC) VARIOUS OF FANS OUTSIDE THEATRE FANS AT TICKET COUNTER VARIOUS OF FANS WITH THEIR MOVIE TICKETS (SOUNDBITE) (Malayalam) ANOTHER FAN, RAMESH, SAYING: "We came here for the morning show and reached here at 5:00 am (GMT 2330) for the 6:00 am (0030 GMT) show. But they said the show will start around 8:00 am (GMT 0230). Though there is a lot of rush, we will leave only after watching Baahubali." MUMBAI, INDIA (APRIL 28, 2017) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (ANI - NO ACCESS BBC) EXTERIOR OF "PVR'" THEATRE VARIOUS OF POSTERS OF 'BAAHUBALI - 2' FANS STANDING IN QUEUE FANS ENTERING THE THEATRE VARIOUS OF FANS STANDING IN QUEUE (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) ANOTHER FAN, SAYING: "Baahubali has become such a huge franchise that we will come even if it is a 2 am (GMT 2030) show instead of a 6 am (GMT 0030) show." AHMEDABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (APRIL 28, 2017) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (ANI - NO ACCESS BBC) FANS STANDING OUTSIDE THEATRE VARIOUS OF FANS WALKING TOWARDS THE THEATRE PREMISES
- Embargoed: 12th May 2017 10:44
- Keywords: fans ancient kingdom Tamannah Bhatia Baahubali The Conclusion Rana Daggubati movie Anushka Shetty Prabhas
- Location: HYDERABAD, INDIA
- City: HYDERABAD, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0016EBBYVH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS CONVERTED 4:3 MATERIAL
Thousands of frenzied fans swarmed multiplexes and movie theatres on Friday (April 28), as Indian magnum-opus "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" hit movie screens across the country.
The second installment of "Baahubali" (which means the one with strong arms) is aiming to win back Indian audience, with its own home-grown epic of magical kingdoms, rampaging armies and towering palaces.
The $67 million multilingual movie released across more than 6,000 screens across the country with shows starting as early as 7:00 am (GMT 0130), causing fans to queue up as early as 5:00 am (GMT 2330 Thursday). The high demand for tickets caused prices to increase to 2,400 rupees ($37) in some parts of the country and the film also shattered the record for the highest advance ticket sales, according to local media.
Set in a fictional era, "Baahubali" narrates the story of two brothers who war over an ancient kingdom, featuring actors Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannah Bhatia.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None