- Title: Students perform traditional haka to mourn Christchurch shooting victims
- Date: 18th March 2019
- Summary: CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND (MARCH 18, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF STUDENTS PERFORMING HAKA GIRLS HUGGING EACH OTHER
- Embargoed: 1st April 2019 05:21
- Keywords: New Zealand shootout haka dance students
- Location: CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND
- City: CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND
- Country: New Zealand
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001A6JQERR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Students from various schools in Christchurch paid their respects on Monday (March 18) to victims of the New Zealand mosque attack by performing a Haka, a ceremonial Maori dance to mourn the victims and honour the dead.
At least 50 people have died at two mosques, as authorities prepared to begin releasing the bodies of the victims to their families.
Friday's (March 15) attack in the city of Christchurch, which Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has labelled as terrorism, was the worst ever peacetime mass killing in New Zealand.
(Production: Joseph Campbell, Yiming Woo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.