- Title: Israeli security personnel cast ballots in Israel's national election
- Date: 8th April 2019
- Summary: BEIT HORON, WEST BANK (APRIL 8, 2019) (REUTERS) ISRAELI BORDER POLICE WOMEN CHECKING ID OF A BORDER POLICE WOMAN AT VOTING STATION, AS SEEN BEHIND RIFLE BORDER POLICE WOMAN STEPPING BEHIND CARDBOARD SCREEN TO CHOOSE A PARTY FOR ISRAELI APRIL 9 ELECTION BORDER POLICEWOMAN'S LEGS BORDER POLICE WOMAN LOOKING AT VOTING NOTES LEGS BORDER POLICEWOMAN PLACING HER VOTE IN A BALLOT BOX BORDER POLICE WOMAN ENTERING ROOM, HANDING HER ID VARIOUS OF BORDER POLICE WOMEN WRITING DOWN VOTER'S PERSONAL DETAILS BORDER POLICE WOMAN CASTING HER VOTE VARIOUS OF BORDER POLICEMAN ENTERING ROOM TO VOTE WOMAN WRITING DOWN PERSONAL DETAILS BORDER POLICEMAN CASTING BALLOT ANOTHER BORDER POLICEMAN ARRIVING TO VOTE BORDER POLICEMAN LOOKING AT VOTING NOTES BORDER POLICEMAN CASTING VOTE ARMY BOOTS AS BORDER POLICE TRAINEES WAITING OUTSIDE VOTING ROOM HAND ON RIFLE/ WOMAN'S FACE BORDER POLICE WOMAN TRAINEES WAITING ARMY BOOTS WALKING THROUGH CAMERA BORDER POLICE TRAINEES WAITING IN FRONT OF SIGN READING (Hebrew): "MILITARY BALLOT" NEAR KIBBUTZ EREZ, ISRAEL-GAZA BORDER AREA, ISRAEL (APRIL 7, 2019) (REUTERS) SOLDIERS QUEUE TO VOTE SOLDIER HANDING OVER ID'S BEFORE VOTE SOLDIER CASTING HIS VOTE
- Embargoed: 22nd April 2019 10:44
- Keywords: Israel elections border police voting
- Location: BEIT HORON, WEST BANK/ NEAR KIBBUTZ EREZ, ISRAEL
- City: BEIT HORON, WEST BANK/ NEAR KIBBUTZ EREZ, ISRAEL
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA001A9LNYO7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Israeli border police personnel cast their ballots on Monday (April 8) in the country's national election.
Security personnel unable to vote on election day on April 9 voted at army bases across Israel and in the West Bank.
Border police personnel queued up outside a voting station in the West Bank army base of Beit Horon.
On Sunday (April 7), soldiers voted at a mobile military ballot near Kibbutz Erez, only a few kilometres away from the volatile border between Israel and the Gaza Strip.
The ballot boxes are sent to the Israeli parliament, the Knesset, where the votes are then counted.
Official voting in Israel's general elections begins on Tuesday at 0400 GMT. Israelis will be choosing among party lists of candidates to serve in the 120-seat Knesset.
(Production: Eli Berlzon, Amir Cohen, Lianne Back)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None