- Title: RUGBY UNION-WORLD/AUSTRALIANS Australia rugby squad welcomed in Bath
- Date: 15th September 2015
- Summary: VARIOUS OF CHOIR
- Embargoed: 30th September 2015 13:00
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVAAU2CNYF29341BBEH6UIXZJNTL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Australia's rugby union players are ready for the so-called Group of Death at the Rugby World Cup beginning on Friday (September 18).
The Australians were officially welcomed to their base in the historic city of Bath on Tuesday and said they were delighted with their training facilities at the local university.
Australia is in the same pool as hosts England, Wales, Fiji and Uruguay, with only two sides due to go through to the quarter-finals.
Winger Adam Ashley-Cooper said their stay had started well.
"Really good. We've had a chance to have a really good feel of the University of Bath where we are training. The facilities are great and the deck we are training on is world class. So the boys are pretty happy. We've had a good training run this morning, so we are well under way," said Ashley-Cooper.
Head coach Michael Cheika, asked about the players' focus, said: "Just getting the right balance between work and preparation and staying pretty relaxed. We've been relaxed about things all the way through and just stay like that. Enjoy the tournament as it comes upon us and just get stuck in when the time comes."
The Australians begin their campaign against Fiji in Cardiff on September 23.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.