- Title: Gaza-Israel violence stretches into night
- Date: 4th May 2019
- Summary: GAZA CITY, GAZA (MAY 4, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT VIEWS) EXPLOSION IN GAZA AFTER ISRAELI AIRSTRIKE VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WALKING AMID RUBBLE FIRE BURNING IN BUILDING VARIOUS OF FIRE-FIGHTERS WORKING AT SCENE OF FIRE CROWD, JOURNALISTS AT SCENE OF FIRE AMBULANCE AT SCENE ASHKELON, ISRAEL (MAY 4, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT VIEWS) ISRAELIS RUNNING OUT OF RESTAURANT, (AUDIO OF AIR RAID SIRENS) ISRAELI IRON DOME INTERCEPTION OF ROCKETS FIRED FROM GAZA (AUDIO OF AIR RAID SIRENS)
- Embargoed: 18th May 2019 20:27
- Keywords: strikes rockets Gaza border Israel Hamas iron dome smoke explosions
- Location: GAZA CITY, GAZA / ASHKELON, ISRAEL
- City: GAZA CITY, GAZA / ASHKELON, ISRAEL
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001ADHIA13
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Gaza militants fired more than 200 rockets into Israel through Saturday (May 4), while Israel hit back with tank shelling and air strikes.
Cross-border hostilities which broke out on Friday (May 3) flared into a second day, with explosions shaking Gaza City, where busy streets were packed with shoppers carrying out their Ramadan preparations.
The Gaza Health Ministry said a 14-month old baby and her mother were killed by one of the Israeli strikes and at least 12 other Palestinians were wounded. Residents identified two of them as militants.
Across the border, air-raid sirens sent Israelis running to shelters as interceptor missiles blew up Palestinian rockets in the sky.
(Production: Abed Shana, Eli Berlzon, Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None