- Title: China hopes for denuclearisation efforts by United States, N.Korea
- Date: 31st July 2019
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (JULY 31, 2019) (REUTERS) CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESWOMAN HUA CHUNYING ARRIVING FOR REGULAR NEWS CONFERENCE JOURNALISTS SITTING (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESWOMAN HUA CHUNYING, SAYING: "We hope that all the relevant parties cherish the hard-fought situation that exists where tensions are now easing and make a positive effort to work together to promote denuclearisation on the (Korean) peninsula and to achieve long-term peace on the peninsula and in the region." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS EXTERIOR OF CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY BUILDING CHINESE NATIONAL FLAG FLYING
- Embargoed: 14th August 2019 12:31
- Keywords: nuclear missiles Trump Chinese foreign ministry Kim Jong-Un Donald Trump North Korea Korean peninsula Kim denuclearisation
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AQ3XUMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: China hopes the United States and North Korea will make positive efforts to promote denuclearisation as well as long-term peace and stability, foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said on Wednesday (July 31).
She made the comments at a daily briefing in response to North Korea's missile launch earlier in the day.
North Korea fired two short-range ballistic missiles early on Wednesday, the South Korean military said, only days after it launched two similar missiles intended to pressure South Korea and the United States to stop upcoming military drills.
(Production: Martin Pollard, Wang Shubing)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None