- Title: Trump would "love" to see Kaepernick in the NFL: "If heâ€™s good enough"
- Date: 9th August 2019
- Summary: SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - SEPTEMBER 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FORMER SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS QUARTERBACK COLIN KAEPERNICK IN LOCKER ROOM AT LEVI'S STADIUM WHERE TEAM PLAYS HOME GAMES KAEPERNICK WALKING DOWN HALLWAY AT STADIUM NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (MAY 6, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF COLIN KAEPERNICK AND HIS PARTNER, NESSA AT NEW YORK'S ANNUAL MET GALA
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2019 17:10
- Keywords: Trump Kaepernock kneel NFL play
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C.; SANTA CLARA CALIFORNIA; , UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C.; SANTA CLARA CALIFORNIA; , UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA004ARHZ4UF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday (August 9) said that former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick should be able to play at the top level again "if he's good enough".
Kaepernick reached an undisclosed settlement with the NFL after alleging collusion by NFL teams to keep him out of the league because of his activism, including kneeling during the national anthem before games, an issue Trump has embraced as a political cause.
Trump criticized Nike for an advertising campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.
In September 2018, Trump, without offering evidence, said in a post on Twitter that the sportswear company was "getting absolutely killed with anger and boycotts." He also continued to blast National Football League players for their protests over racial and social injustice.
(Production: Deborah Lutterbeck)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None