- Title: Body of disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein moved to medical examiner's office
- Date: 10th August 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 10, 2019) (REUTERS) GENERAL VIEW OF NYC MEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE BUILDING PEOPLE SEATED IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING SIGNS ON EXTERIOR OF BUILDING ENTRANCE DOOR LOGO OF THE NYC OFFICE OF CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMINER ON ENTRANCE DOOR A MEDICAL EXAMINER'S VAN PARKED OUTSIDE BUILDING CLOSE UP OF "MEDICAL EXAMINER" PRINTED ON THE VAN WIDE SHOT OF ENTRANCE DOOR ZOOMING TO MEDICAL EXAMINER'S LOGO
- Embargoed: 24th August 2019 20:45
- Keywords: Jeffrey Epstein's body Medical Examiner coroner federal sex trafficking charges committed suicide lower Manhattan jail cell Donald Trump
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA001ARMXZK7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The body of Jeffrey Epstein was taken to the office of New York City's Chief Medical Examiner on Saturday (August 10) after the disgraced financier was found dead from an apparent suicide in a New York jail cell.
Epstein, 66, was being held without bail at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan on sex-trafficking charges, and a source said he was not on suicide watch at the time of his death.
The FBI and the Department of Justice's Inspector General were opening investigations, U.S. Attorney General William Barr said, adding that he was "appalled" to learn of his death in federal custody.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None