- Title: Hong Kong police fire tear gas at laser-pointing protesters
- Date: 14th August 2019
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (AUGUST 14, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) RIOT POLICE ADVANCING WHILE FIRING TEAR GAS PROTESTERS RUNNING AS TEAR GAS SPREADS PROTESTERS ATTEMPTING TO EXTINGUISH TEAR GAS / TEAR GAS SPREADING RIOT POLICE FIRING TEAR GAS TEAR GAS SPREADING TEAR GAS SPREADING WHILE RIOT POLICE ADVANCING RIOT POLICE FIRING TEAR GAS PROTESTERS RUNNING AWAY FROM TEAR GAS VARIOUS OF RIOT POLICE ADVANCING POLICE LINE RIOT POLICE FIRING TEAR GAS JOURNALISTS TAKING PICTURES OF TEAR GAS PROTESTERS POURING WATER ON FACE OF PROTESTER AFFECTED BY TEAR GAS LASERS BEING SHONE ON POLICE STATION LASERS BEING SHONE AT POLICE OFFICER PROTESTERS AIMING LASER AT POLICE STATION LASERS BEING SHONE AT POLICE STATION PROTESTER AIMING LASER AT POLICE STATION PROTESTERS PROTESTERS AIMING LASERS AT POLICE STATION PROTESTERS THROWING JOSS PAPER INTO AIR VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS BURNING JOSS PAPER
- Embargoed: 28th August 2019 19:22
- Keywords: residential Sham Shui Po district Hong Kong protest riot police tear gas Hong Kong unrest
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA001AS6Y0CN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Riot police in Hong Kong's residential Sham Shui Po district fired rounds of tear gas on Wednesday (August 14) night as protesters held a satirical religious ceremony against the use of force on demonstrators.
Hundreds attended the demonstration, in which protesters pointed lasers at a police station and riot officers shot tear gas almost immediately as their response to demonstrators toughens.
Ten weeks of increasingly violent confrontation between police and protesters have plunged the city into its worst crisis since it reverted from British to Chinese rule in 1997.
(Production: Ronn Bautista, Joyce Zhou, Juarawee Kittisilpa)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None