- Title: Malaysians worry no one will visit town after death of Irish teen
- Date: 15th August 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS OF LOCAL NEWSPAPERS DISPLAYING NORA ANNE QUOIRIN DEATH STORY
- Embargoed: 29th August 2019 04:54
- Keywords: Malaysia Ireland Irish Nora Ann Quoirin death locals Seremban
- Location: SEREMBAN, MALAYSIA
- City: SEREMBAN, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA002ASBUJBB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:After the death of 15-year-old Nora Ann Quoirin, Seremban locals on Thursday (August 15) expressed sadness about the incident, as well as their worry that no one will visit their village again.
One local resident, Hajag Nazipah Mohamad, said that she feels "ashamed" for the village of Pantai and sad regarding the incident, while another, Siti Fatimah Malek, said it will scare people away from visiting the idyllic town in Malaysia.
The body of Quoirin, who suffered learning difficulties, was found 10 days after she went missing from a rain-forest resort - The Dusun - in Seremban, about 70 km (44 miles) south of the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur.
The result of an autopsy is expected to be announced later on Thursday.
(Production: Danny Lau, Jiraporn Kuhakan)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains images from newspapers or magazines. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.