- Title: Global Times reporter Fu Guohao released from hospital
- Date: 15th August 2019
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (AUGUST 13, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** PROTESTERS RESTRAINING FU AND SURROUNDING HIM FU SPEAKING TO MEMBERS OF THE PRESS WHILE RESTRAINED MAN IN WHITE SHIRT SPEAKING WITH PROTESTERS MAN IN WHITE SHIRT/FU BEING HELD BY PROTESTERS MEDICS CARRYING FU THROUGH CROWD ON A STRETCHER
- Embargoed: 29th August 2019 10:49
- Keywords: Hong Kong China police journalists violence tension extradition bill
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA002ASBWBBB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A journalist from Chinese state media who was previously held by anti-government protesters accusing him of being an undercover mainland police officer, was released from hospital on Wednesday (August 14).
In a tweet, Global Times editor in chief Hu Xijin, wrote that Fu had been "rescued" from protesters by police at the Hong Kong International Airport and sent to the hospital on Tuesday (August 13).
A slightly-bruised Fu told media just after his release from hospital that he hadn't done anything "illegal" or controversial, and that he "shouldn't have been treated in a violent way".
The Chinese government on Wednesday condemned what it called "near-terrorism" acts by protesters as more street clashes followed days of demonstrations at the Hong Kong airport which led to hundreds of flight cancellations.
(Production: Juarawee Kittisilpa, Joseph Campbell, Ebrahim Harris)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None