- Title: Tightrope walker crosses river to open Prague circus festival
- Date: 15th August 2019
- Summary: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC (AUGUST 14, 2019) (REUTERS) TIGHTROPE ARTIST, TATIANA MOSIO-BONGONGA, WALKING ON TIGHTROPE OVER VLTAVA RIVER, BOAT PASSING UNDER BONGONGA WALKING ON TIGHTROPE / BONGONGA'S FEET WALKING ALONG ROPE BONGONGA WALKING ALONG TIGHTROPE CROWD ON SIDE OF RIVER WATCHING BONGONGA CROUCHING ON TIGHTROPE CROWD WATCHING FROM BRIDGE VARIOUS OF BONGANGA WALKING OVER RIVER CROWD WATCHING, STANDING IN BUSHES BONGONGA FINISHING WALK, PASSING BALANCING POLE TO PEOPLE WAITING
- Embargoed: 29th August 2019 13:40
- Keywords: Czech circus festival tightrope walker tightrope walker crosses Vltava tightrope walker crosses river
- Location: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- City: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Country: Czech Republic
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001ASBXAUX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French tightrope artist Tatiana-Mosio Bongonga stunned hundreds of spectators in Prague on Wednesday (August 14) as she walked on a rope 35 metres (115 feet) above the Vltava River to open a circus festival.
Crowds gathered on the banks of the river and on bridges to watch as Bongonga strolled effortlessly across the 350-metre long rope without a security belt, in the longest walk the 35-year old has done.
Festival attendees were also delighted by performances from dance troupes spinning and juggling with fire to kick start the festival, which runs until September 1.
(Production: Jiri Skacel, Louisa Naks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.