- Title: Cathay Pacific Airways CEO Rupert Hogg resigns
- Date: 16th August 2019
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (FILE - AUGUST 8, 2018) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** CATHAY PACIFIC SENIOR MANAGEMENT, INCLUDING OUTGOING CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER RUPERT HOGG (SECOND FROM LEFT, DRINKING WATER) HOGG SPEAKING HOGG WALKING AWAY AS NEWS CONFERENCE ENDS
- Embargoed: 30th August 2019 10:58
- Keywords: Cathay Pacific CEO Rupert Hogg resign Augustus Tang new chief executive Chinese aviation regulator
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA / IN AIR
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA / IN AIR
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001ASGUGQV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hong Kong flag carrier Cathay Pacific Airways said CEO Rupert Hogg had resigned on Friday (August 16) and named Augustus Tang as the new chief, following a week of scrutiny by the Chinese aviation regulator that has hurt its reputation in the mainland.
Tang was the head of Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company, which like Cathay is managed by Swire Pacific Ltd. Cathay added that its chief customer and commercial officer has also been replaced.
Cathay, which has been under pressure from the Chinese aviation regulator, said it was fully committed to Hong Kong under the principle of "one country, two systems" and was confident Hong Kong would have a great future.
The airline became embroiled in crosswinds between Beijing and pro-democracy groups in the Asian financial hub after some of its employees took part in the Hong Kong protests.
(Production: Travis Teo)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None