- Title: Tokyo 2020 hockey venue unveiled in sweltering heat
- Date: 17th August 2019
- Summary: TOKYO 2020 OLYMPIC MASCOTS MIRAITOWA AND SOMEITY WALKING ONTO THE STAGE ATTENDEES CUTTING THE RIBBON TO OFFICIALLY OPEN THE OI HOCKEY STADIUM
- Embargoed: 31st August 2019 13:45
- Keywords: tokyo 2020 olympics heat countermeasure temperature hockey india japan
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Equestrian,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002ASLU9FJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:After a week of Tokyo 2020 test events dominated by talks of sweltering heat and stifling humidity, it was hockey's turn under the spotlight at the newly-built Oi Hockey Stadium on Saturday (August 17).
India and Australia, along with hosts Japan, will compete in a series of matches across four days to test the facilities and and experience Tokyo's tricky summer climate.
Temperatures reached 37 degrees celsius on Saturday (August 17) but there were no reports of heat-stroke on the opening day.
Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike officially opened the venue earlier in the morning, with Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado in attendance, and praised the heat countermeasures that were put in place.
(Production: Stefan Haskins)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.