- Title: Tightrope walker crosses river to open Prague circus festival
- Date: 16th August 2019
- Summary: CROWD GATHERED (SOUNDBITE) (Czech) LETNI LETNA FESTIVAL DIRECTOR, JIRI TUREK, SAYING: "Tatiana started the festival by crossing the Vltava River on a tightrope and this is kind of a motto for this festival. Otherwise all the performances here have their own poetry, and will be finding their own way to the "new circus" (name of the circus)." PEOPLE AT CIRCUS FESTIVAL SOUNDBITE) (Czech) DANCER AND ARTISTIC LEADER OF THE "BLACKOUT PARADOX" GROUP, MICHAELA HRADECKA, SAYING: "The topic of this performance is about the old rituals and understanding the basic circle of fire and other elements. We are trying using spinning and juggling techniques to tell the story of one shaman soul leading the way to astral (a non-physical realm)."
- Embargoed: 30th August 2019 12:40
- Keywords: Czech circus festival tightrope walker tightrope walker crosses Vltava tightrope walker crosses river tightrope
- Location: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- City: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Country: Czech Republic
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002ASLUP95
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French tightrope artist Tatiana-Mosio Bongonga stunned hundreds of spectators in Prague on Wednesday (August 14) as she walked on a rope 35 metres (115 feet) above the Vltava River to open a circus festival.
Crowds gathered on the banks of the river and on bridges to watch as Bongonga strolled effortlessly across the 350-metre long rope without a security belt, in the longest walk the 35-year old has done.
Festival attendees were also delighted by performances from dance troupes spinning and juggling with fire to kick start the festival, which runs until September 1.
(Production: Jiri Skacel, Louisa Naks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None