- Title: Staff clear up blood, debris after Afghan wedding blast kills 63 - ministry
- Date: 18th August 2019
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (AUGUST 18, 2019) (REUTERS) COLLAPSED ROOF AND DAMAGE INSIDE WEDDING HALL HIT BY BLAST VARIOUS OF WAITER OF WAITER CLEARING TABLES VARIOUS OF DINING TABLES AND FOODS REMNANTS ON TABLES VARIOUS OF LEFTOVER SHOES IN PILE
- Embargoed: 1st September 2019 04:23
- Keywords: wedding blast wedding blast Kabul wedding Kabul bomb aftermath Afghanistan Afghan wedding
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001ASQTOP3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A suicide bomber killed 63 people and wounded 182 in an attack on a wedding reception in the Afghan capital on Saturday (August 17) night, the interior ministry said.
The Taliban denied responsibility for the blast at a west Kabul wedding hall, in a minority Shi'ite neighbourhood, packed with people celebrating a marriage.
On Sunday (August 18) morning, staff were seen clearing up blood, shoes, plates and debris from the blast. The bomber struck the men's reception area, officials said.
The attack came as the Taliban and the United States are trying to negotiate an agreement on the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan in exchange for a Taliban commitment on security and peace talks with the U.S.-backed government.
(Production: Aziz Mohammad / Hameed Farzad / Sayed Hassib)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None