- Title: BOXING-PAKISTAN/KHAN British boxer Amir Khan looking for winter fight
- Date: 24th August 2015
- Summary: POSTER OF KHAN HOLDING FISTS UP
- Embargoed: 8th September 2015 13:00
- Location: Pakistan
- Country: Pakistan
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVABWOMDRW18I5L60W1TR6TKOJ87
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British boxer Amir Khan has confirmed during his visit to Pakistan on Sunday (August 23) that he is looking for his next fight to take place this winter in either the UAE or United States.
Khan has been linked with fights against Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao.
Speaking to reporters, Khan said, "Insha Allah (God willing), the next fight for me will be end of November or December. Or it could be next year in February, either UAE or America. So, at the moment we are talking to a few people, and God willing, we should find out very soon."
Khan also spoke about how there will be new boxing academies in Pakistan and that the country will win medals in the sport soon.
"Within the next year, we will have the first academy ready, and also we will have many boxing clubs in Pakistan. I promise you, within two years we will have the first major Medal coming to Pakistan," he said.
Khan is the reigning WBC Silver Welterweight champion and has previously held two world championships.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.