- Title: Pharaohs and fireworks - military band festival lights up Red Square
- Date: 24th August 2019
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (AUGUST 23, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF FIREWORKS IN RED SQUARE VARIOUS OF MILITARY BANDS PERFORMING TOGETHER VARIOUS OF MILITARY BANDS MARCHING
- Embargoed: 7th September 2019 14:16
- Keywords: military band military orchestra Red Square festival traditional costumes
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA001ATKUVRT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Military bands from around the world staged a colourful performance on Red Square in front of the Kremlin, in the heart of the Russian capital, on Friday night (August 23).
The festival, called "Spasskaya Bashnya" or Kremlin's Saviour Tower, featured bands performing a wide range of music - from classical pieces and military marches to popular modern tunes.
This year the colourful festival brought to Moscow over 1,000 performers from 30 orchestras from 12 countries, including a military band from North Korea, which took part for the first time.
The festival has been held each year since 2007.
(Production: Dmitry Madorsky, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.