- Title: Australian PM congratulates Boris Johnson on Cricket Ashes victory
- Date: 26th August 2019
- Summary: BIARRITZ, FRANCE (AUGUST 26, 2019) (AGENCY POOL) BRITISH PRIME MINISTER BORIS JOHNSON AND AUSTRALIAN PRIME MINISTER SCOTT MORRISON POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR MEDIA / SHAKING HANDS / MORRISON CONGRATULATING JOHNSON ON YESTERDAY'S ASHES WIN / SITTING AND TALKING
- Embargoed: 9th September 2019 09:27
- Keywords: G7 BIARRITZ BRITAIN AUSTRALIA BORIS JOHNSON SCOTT MORRISON
- Location: BIARRITZ, FRANCE
- City: BIARRITZ, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: G7,Government/Politics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001ATUUO93
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson met with his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison for bilateral talks during the G7 summit on Monday (August 26, 2019).
The two leaders shook hands for cameras and Morrison congratulated Johnson on yesterday's Ashes victory, where Ben Stokes earned England an exhilarating one-wicket victory in the third Ashes cricket test, levelling the series against Australia at 1-1.
The summit, taking place in picturesque Biarritz in France has been troubled by differences between U.S. President Donald Trump and Western allies over a raft of issues.
Trump, a turbulent presence at last year's G7 gathering, insisted on Sunday that he was getting along well with other leaders of a group that also includes Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan.
The G7 leaders were joined by several African leaders as well as leaders from India, Australia, Chile and Spain, whom Macron invited to the Sunday dinner to broaden the scope of debate.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is making his G7 debut at a time when he is struggling to persuade EU capitals to renegotiate Britain's exit from the bloc, which Johnson has said will happen on October 31 come what may.
(Production credit: Polly Rider)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None