- Title: U.S. advisor Bolton visits Ukraine to gauge new authorities
- Date: 27th August 2019
- Summary: MEMORIAL WALL TO UKRAINIAN SERVICEMEN KILLED IN EASTERN CONFLICT
- Embargoed: 10th September 2019 14:44
- Keywords: John Bolton Trump in Poland U.S. visit to Ukraine Ukraine United States
- Location: KIEV, UKRAINE
- City: KIEV, UKRAINE
- Country: Ukraine
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002ATZUGXZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: John Bolton, U.S. President Donald Trump's national security adviser, visited Kiev on Tuesday (August 27) and paid respect to Ukrainian servicemen killed in eastern conflict against pro-Russian separatists.
Earlier on Tuesday, he said that he had travelled to Kiev to hear the priorities of the new government following the election of President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
Bolton told reporters that Zelenskiy and Trump could meet soon in Poland, but he did not give a date. Bolton added that it was in the United States' interest to see a successful Ukraine.
(Production: Serhiy Takmazov, Margaryta Chornokondratenko)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains photographs or artwork. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.