- Title: China says resolutely opposed to G7 statement on Hong Kong
- Date: 27th August 2019
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (AUGUST 27, 2019) (REUTERS) CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN GENG SHUANG ARRIVING AT REGULAR NEWS CONFERENCE JOURNALISTS SITTING (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE FOREIGN MINSITRY SPOKESMAN GENG SHUANG, SAYING: "China is strongly dissatisfied and resolutely opposed to the statement from the G7 leaders' summit which made irresponsible remarks and unwarranted accusations about Hong Kong matters. We have stressed a number of times Hong Kong matters are purely China's internal affairs. No foreign organisation, government or individual has a right to interfere." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS EXTERIOR OF FOREIGN MINISTRY BUILDING CHINESE NATIONAL FLAG
- Embargoed: 10th September 2019 10:15
- Keywords: Hong Kong China G7 foreign ministry protest
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001ATZS5ZB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: China's foreign ministry said on Tuesday (August 27) that Beijing is resolutely opposed to a statement from the G7 summit that referenced the current unrest in Hong Kong.
"China is strongly dissatisfied and resolutely opposed to the statement from the G7 leaders' summit which made irresponsible remarks and unwarranted accusations about Hong Kong matters," the ministry's spokesman Geng Shuang made the remarks during a daily press briefing.
The G7 group "reaffirms the existence and importance of the Sino-British Joint Declaration of 1984 on Hong Kong and calls for violence to be avoided," according to the statement.
(Production: Wang Shubing, Martin Pollard, Phyllis Xu)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None