- Title: Founder of K-pop agency arrives at police station over gambling scandals
- Date: 29th August 2019
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (AUGUST 29, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FOUNDER OF K-POP MANAGEMENT FIRM YG ENTERTAINMENT, YANG HYUN-SUK, ARRIVING AT SEOUL INTELLECTUAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION SQUAD AND STANDING IN FRONT OF MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) FOUNDER OF K-POP MANAGEMENT FIRM YG ENTERTAINMENT, YANG HYUN-SUK, SAYING: / YANG WALKING TOWARD BUILDING "I will explain the relevant facts in detail in the police investigation" JOURNALIST ASKING: "There is also suspicion that the funds were drawn from U.S. corporations. Is it true?" "I will faithfully clarify my position in the police investigation." YANG WALKING INTO BUILDING EXTERIOR OF SEOUL INTELLECTUAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION SQUAD SIGN READING (Korean/English): "SEOUL METROPOLITAN POLICE AGENCY / INTELLECTUAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION SQUAD"
- Embargoed: 12th September 2019 03:21
- Keywords: South Korea K-pop YG Entertainment ex-chief founder Yang Hyun-suk gambling scandal Kpop
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001AU9RO7B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Founder of South Korea's YG Entertainment, Yang Hyun-suk, was questioned by police on Thursday (August 29) in connection with an investigation into illegal gambling and prostitution that has rocked the music industry.
According to police investigators, a network of pop stars, businessmen and police are alleged to have colluded and enabled tax evasion, bribery, and prostitution at some of Gangnam's glitziest clubs in Seoul's swanky Gangnam district.
Yang, founder of YG Entertainment which manages top artists such as Big Bang, BLACKPINK and others, appeared for questioning at a Seoul police station.
"I will explain the relevant facts in detail in the police investigation," Yang told reporters before entering the station, but he declined further comment.
(Production: Daewoung Kim, Minwoo Park)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None