- Title: Malaysia's former PM faces biggest 1MDB trial
- Date: 28th August 2019
- Summary: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (AUGUST 28, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FORMER MALAYSIAN PRIME MINISTER NAJIB RAZAK ARRIVING AT THE KUALA LUMPUR HIGH COURT / NAJIB WALKING INTO BUILDING MEDIA AT LOBBY ENTRANCE SIGN READING (Bahasa Malaysia): "KUALA LUMPUR HIGH COURT COMPLEX" KUALA LUMPUR HIGH COURT / MOTORBIKES DRIVING IN
- Embargoed: 11th September 2019 04:29
- Keywords: graft trial Kuala Lumpur corruption former Prime Minister Najib Razak Najib scandal 1MBD Malaysia
- Location: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
- City: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA001AU4ROEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Malaysia's former prime minister Najib Razak arrived at court to face the biggest of five trials linked to multibillion-dollar fraud at state fund 1MDB on Wednesday (August 28).
Malaysian and U.S. authorities allege that about $4.5 billion was misappropriated from 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB), a state fund co-founded by Najib in 2009.
Najib, who lost a general election last year, has been hit with 42 criminal charges of graft and money laundering at 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) and other state entities.
He pleaded not guilty and says that the charges are politically motivated.
(Production: Fadza Ishak, Lion Schellerer)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None