- Title: Wall St rises on China trade hopes, lead by tech, industrials
- Date: 29th August 2019
- Summary: OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 29, 2019) (REUTERS VIA SKYPE) (SOUNDBITE) (English) TIM COURTNEY, EXENCIAL WEALTH ADVISORS CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, SAYING: "The market is still though, for the most part, pricing in a longer term, maybe a resolution probably that is going to take maybe two to three quarters. If we start to see signs that a resolution might happen sooner, like potentially by the end of this year then I think there is reason for the market to move higher."
- Embargoed: 12th September 2019 21:24
- Keywords: Wall Street stocks China trade tech stocks
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK + OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK + OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA002AU9W68D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. stocks rallied more than 1% on Thursday (August 29), buoyed by gains in the trade-sensitive technology and industrial sectors, as China expressed hope on trade negotiations with the United States, easing concerns that rising tensions could stoke a recession.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 326.15 points, or 1.25%, to 26,362.25, the S&P 500 gained 36.62 points, or 1.27%, to 2,924.56 and the Nasdaq Composite added 116.51 points, or 1.48%, to 7,973.39.
(Production: Fred Katayama / Angela Moore)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None