- Title: MUSIC-ONE DIRECTION-FILE One Direction to split next year - media reports
- Date: 24th August 2015
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - APRIL 2015) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF MALIK GREETING FANS AND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- Embargoed: 8th September 2015 13:00
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVADMKWNJTA1W2RADJ8PNXEXV7VM
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The hugely successful boy band One Direction will take a year-long break next year so that members can pursue separate interests, a report in a British newspaper said on Monday (August 24).
The break will come after the band, reduced to four members following the departure of Zayn Malik earlier this year, release their fifth album in March, the report in the Sun said.
The band's publicists did not immediately issue any comment and there was no confirmation on the band's Twitter feed.
The group's last scheduled stadium concert will be in Sheffield, England on Oct. 31. They will promote their new album in February, after a Christmas break, the Sun said.
One Direction soared to international prominence after finishing third on the British version of "the X Factor" in 2010.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None