- Title: Spain's Queen Letizia visits former King Juan Carlos at hospital
- Date: 31st August 2019
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (AUGUST 30, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** SPAIN'S PRINCESS LEONOR IN A CAR / SPAIN'S QUEEN LETIZIA AND PRINCESS LEONOR LEAVING THE CAR AND GREETING MEDIA / QUEEN AND PRINCESS ENTERING INTO QUIRON HOSPITAL AND GREETING HOSPITAL MANAGER SPAIN'S QUEEN AND PRINCESS LEAVING THE HOSPITAL AND APPROACHING MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) SPAIN'S QUEEN LETIZIA ANSWERING JOURNALIST'S QUESTION ("How did you find King Juan Carlos?") SAYING: "We saw him really happy already, very talkative. He is waiting to be able to leave the hospital. (JOURNALIST ASKING "Is he still in a good mood?") He continues with his progression, today he has spoken a lot. (JOURNALIST ASKING "Can you tell us anything about him?") You ask him when he will be released. (JOURNALIST ASKING "Is there a date for his departure?") I don't know, we asked it and the sooner the better. It depends on what those who understand about this say. And how did you find him?" (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) SPAIN'S PRINCESS LEONOR SAYING: "He's very cheerful and eager to go home. (JOURNALIST ASKING "Do you really want him to come back?") Yes, I really do. I'm excited (JOURNALIST ASKING "Do you feel like going back to school?") Yes, like every year" (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) SPAIN'S QUEEN LETIZIA SAYING: "Did the rain catch you? We've been waiting because we were just going out and the downpour started. But now it seems to be getting better. Thank you, good afternoon". QUEEN AND PRINCESS WALKING TOWARDS THE CAR AND GETTING ON VEHICLE CAR LEAVING HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 14th September 2019 08:36
- Keywords: Spain's Queen Letizia Spanish Queen King Juan Carlos surgery heart surgery Queen Letizia visit Princess Leonor
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN
- City: MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001AUJTE87
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Spain's Queen Letizia arrived at Madrid's Quiron Hospital accompanied by his daughter Princess Leonor on Saturday (August 31) to visit former Spain's King Juan Carlos, who was undergoing heart surgery.
King Juan Carlos, 81, had a successful heart surgery last Saturday (August 24).
Doctors scheduled the operation in June after a regular check-up on Juan Carlos, who retained the title of emeritus King after his abdication in 2014.
In May, Juan Carlos announced his decision to withdraw from public life, ceasing his remaining institutional functions and appearances from June.
(Production: Michael Gori, Elena Rodriguez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None