- Title: Joaquin Phoenix brings his 'Joker' to Venice
- Date: 31st August 2019
- Summary: VENICE, ITALY (AUGUST 31, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BOAT CARRYING "JOKER" FILM TEAM APPROACHING JETTY / MEDIA BY JETTY VARIOUS OF ACTOR JOAQUIN PHOENIX AND DIRECTOR TODD PHILLIPS ON BOAT PHOENIX ON BOAT MEDIA ACTRESS ZAZIE BEETZ ARRIVING VARIOUS OF PHOENIX AND PHILLIPS POSING FOR PHOTOS ON JETTY PHOENIX AND PHILLIPS WALKING ONTO QUAYSIDE AND PHOENIX WALKING OVER TO FANS TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS PHOENIX SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS AND WALKING OVER TO GREET FANS ON OTHER SIDE OF QUAY PHILLIPS SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS CAMERA OPERATORS PHOENIX WALKING TOWARDS NEWS CONFERENCE BUILDING PHOENIX SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS AND HUGGING WOMAN HOLDING BANNER READING (English) "JOAQUIN, YOU ARE MY FAVOURITE ACTOR, MAY I TAKE A PHOTO WITH YOU?" AND CONTINUING TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS
- Embargoed: 14th September 2019 13:29
- Keywords: Joaquin Phoenix Joker Todd Phillips Venice Film Festival boat arrival
- Location: VENICE, ITALY AND VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- City: VENICE, ITALY AND VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA001AUJSMKT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actor Joaquin Phoenix and director Todd Phillips brought their 'Joker' - a movie about the iconic DC Comics villain - to the Venice Film Festival on Saturday (August 31).
Phoenix looked relaxed as he and Phillips arrived by boat on the Venice Lido.
He took time to greet fans and sign autographs and could be seen hugging a woman holding a banner reading "Joaquin you are my favourite actor, may I take a photo with you?'.
In "Joker", Oscar-nominee Phoenix plays Arthur Fleck, a failed stand-up comedian who turns into a psychotic murderer.
The movie, screening in competition in Venice, receives its world premiere at the festival later on Saturday. It is slated for release in the United States on October 4.
(Production: Cristiano Corvino, Hanna Rantala)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None