- Title: Anti-tank missiles fired from Lebanon towards Israeli border village - military
- Date: 1st September 2019
- Summary: NEAR AVIVIM, ISRAEL (SEPTEMBER 1, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SMOKE BILLOWING FROM ANTI-TANK MISSILES EXPLOSIONS OVER VILLAGES NEAR ISRAEL-LEBANON BORDERS/ EXPLOSIONS IN BACKGROUND
- Embargoed: 15th September 2019 15:05
- Keywords: Lebanon Israel aircraft border tank Israeli army border village Avivim
- Location: NEAR AVIVIM, ISRAEL
- City: NEAR AVIVIM, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001AUTSYTX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israel's military said on Sunday (September 1) an anti-tank missile was fired from Lebanon towards the Israeli border village of Avivim. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
"A number of anti-tank missiles were fired from Lebanon towards an Israel Defense Forces base and military vehicles. A number of hits have been confirmed," the military said in a statement.
"The Israel Defense Forces is responding with fire towards the sources of fire and targets in southern Lebanon," it added.
Israel has been on high alert for a possible confrontation with Lebanon's highly-armed group Hezbollah.
According to Hezbollah's al-Manar TV, Israeli forces fired several shells at the border village of Maroun al-Ras in south Lebanon on Sunday.
(Production: Suheir Sheikh, Avi Hayoun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None