- Title: Express train collides with truck in Yokohama killing truck driver
- Date: 5th September 2019
- Summary: YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (SEPTEMBER 5, 2019) (REUTERS) PEOPLE WALKING NEAR COLLISION SITE/DAMAGED TRAIN VARIOUS OF WORKERS NEAR DAMAGED TRAIN EMERGENCY RESPONSE PERSONNEL NEAR COLLISION SITE PERSONNEL NEAR BOXES OF ORANGES MEDIA NEAR TRAIN FENCE CROWD IN FRONT OF POLICE LINE POLICE OFFICERS ON SITE PARKED FIRE TRUCK POLICE OFFICERS BEHIND POLICE LINE SOUNDBITE (Japanese) 67-YEAR-OLD WITNESS, HARUO YONEYAMA, SAYING: "I heard a long siren and knew something was wrong. And then I heard a loud blast. I went outside and saw smoke coming up." SOUNDBITE (Japanese) 47-YEAR-OLD WITNESS, EIKO SUZUKI, SAYING: "I was on the 14th floor so my colleagues and I could see it from the window. We saw the train had stopped." VARIOUS OF CROWD NEAR COLLISION SITE
- Embargoed: 19th September 2019 11:50
- Keywords: Train Keikyu line truck accident crash collision Yokohama Japan
- Location: YOKOHAMA, JAPAN
- City: YOKOHAMA, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Ground Accidents/Collisions,Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA001AVDQ8UF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:An express train collided with a truck in Japan's second largest city of Yokohama on Thursday (September 5), killing the truck driver and injuring 34 others.
The accident, which halted services on a busy rail link to the capital, Tokyo, smashed the glass in the driver's compartment and derailed three of the train's eight carriages, video images showed, leaving the lead carriage badly twisted.
The driver, a man in his 60s, died, fire officials said, while a woman was seriously hurt and three had less grievous injuries, with others suffering superficial wounds.
(Production: Yasuteru Ueda, Chris Gallagher, Issei Kato, Akiko Okamoto, Peter Blaza)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None