- Title: Samsung shows Galaxy Fold ahead of launch in South Korea
- Date: 5th September 2019
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (SEPTEMBER 5, 2019) (REUTERS) PEOPLE GATHERED IN EVENT HALL OF SAMSUNG'S NEW SMARTPHONE, GALAXY FOLD PEOPLE HOLDING AND TRYING OUT GALAXY FOLD WOMAN FOLDING GALAXY FOLD VARIOUS OF PEOPLE TAKING PICTURES USING GALAXY FOLD VARIOUS OF PEOPLE HOLDING GALAXY FOLD VARIOUS OF GALAXY FOLD ON DISPLAY
- Embargoed: 19th September 2019 09:54
- Keywords: Samsung Galaxy Fold foldable phone launch South Korea
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA/ SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA/ SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001AVDPW7B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday (September 5) said its first foldable smartphone, the Galaxy Fold, will be available in South Korea from September 6 with fifth-generation (5G) mobile connectivity.
The world's largest smartphone vendor said the device would be priced 2.398 million won ($1,977.47).
The highly anticipated handset was originally due to hit the U.S. market in April but the launch was delayed by screen defects detected in samples.
The firm said it would offer 5G and LTE-enabled versions of the Galaxy Fold in select countries including Britain, France, Germany and the United States. It did not provide release dates.
Last month, Chinese rival Huawei Technologies Co Ltd delayed the planned September launch of its own first foldable phone, its second postponement this year, as it battles a U.S. trade blacklist that threatens the tech giant's access to crucial U.S. technologies such as Alphabet Inc's Android operating system.
(Production: Dogyun Kim, Daewoung Kim, Minwoo Park)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None