- Title: Mugabe's body waits in Singapore's funeral parlour
- Date: 6th September 2019
- Summary: SINGAPORE (SEPTEMBER 6, 2019) (REUTERS) SIGN READING (Chinese/English): "SINGAPORE CASKET" EXTERIOR OF FUNERAL PARLOUR, SINGAPORE CASKET OFFICIAL FROM SOUTH AFRICAN EMBASSY LEAVING SINGAPORE CASKET TWO HEARSES PARKING NEAR THE BUILDING (RED SHIRT) ZIMBABWE'S CHARGE D'AFFAIRES CLAUDIUS NHEMA, SITTING IN CAR SIGN OF GLENEAGLES HOSPITAL WHERE ROBERT MUGABE WAS HOSPITALISED EXTERIOR OF GLENEAGLES HOSPITAL TRAFFIC IN FRONT OF HOSPITAL GLENEAGLES HOSPITAL SIGN READING (English): GLENEAGLES MEDICAL CENTER VARIOUS OF GLENEAGLES HOSPITAL BUILDINGS SIGN READING (English): "GLENEAGLES" TRAFFIC DRIVING INTO HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 20th September 2019 09:49
- Keywords: South Africa Robert Mugabe death Singapore funeral parlour hospital
- Location: SINGAPORE
- City: SINGAPORE
- Country: Singapore
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AVIPZYF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:PART VIDEO QUALITY IS INCOMING
Robert Mugabe, the guerrilla leader who led Zimbabwe to independence in 1980, died aged 95 on Friday (September 6), two years after the army brought an ignominious end to almost four decades of his iron-fisted rule.
Mugabe died in Singapore, where he has often received medical treatment in recent years. His death was confirmed by Zimbabwe President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
Officials often said he was being treated for a cataract, denying frequent private media reports that he had prostate cancer.
South African embassy officials were seen at the funeral parlour after the news broke. It is unclear when the remains of Mugabe will return.
(Production: Pedja Stanisic, Yiming Woo, Angie Teo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None