- Title: Bahamas shantytown left in ruins after Dorian's wrath
- Date: 6th September 2019
- Summary: A BODY LAYING UNDERNEATH A TREE BRANCH, AMONG DEBRIS (GRAPHIC SHOT)
- Embargoed: 20th September 2019 18:14
- Keywords: Hurricane Dorian Bahamas Marsh Harbour Abaco Islands
- Location: NEAR MARSH HARBOUR, ABACO ISLANDS, THE BAHAMAS
- City: NEAR MARSH HARBOUR, ABACO ISLANDS, THE BAHAMAS
- Country: Bahamas
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Wind/Hurricane/Typhoons/Tornadoes
- Reuters ID: LVA002AVIU62V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIDEO
Destroyed homes, fallen trees and piles of plywood were seen on Friday (September 6) extending across the Mudd, a Bahamas shantytown decimated by Hurricane Dorian earlier this week.
A body could be seen below the ruins, laying underneath a tree branch. More bodies are believed to be below the debris, based on the smell coming from the debris, according to a Reuters photographer who visited the area.
Dorian hovered over the Bahamas for nearly two days with torrential rains and fierce winds that whipped up 12- to 18-foot (3.7- to 5.5-meter) storm surges.
(Production: Marco Bello)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: WARNING: Editors please note, this clip contains graphic material