- Title: Samsung launches Galaxy Fold in South Korea
- Date: 6th September 2019
- Summary: SHOPPER TAKING PHOTOGRAPH OF GALAXY FOLD SHOPPER TALKING TO STAFF ABOUT GALAXY FOLD BACK SIDE OF GALAXY FOLD 25-YEAR OLD SOUTH KOREAN RESIDENT, RYU HWANG-WON (LEFT), AND HIS FRIEND TRYING OUT GALAXY FOLD (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) 25-YEAR-OLD SOUTH KOREAN RESIDENT, RYU HWANG-WON, SAYING: "It's good that we can use bigger or smaller screen, and any size we want according to the situation. But as a user of Galaxy Note series, it is a pity that Galaxy Fold doesn't have an electronic pen. Of course, this is their first work and they cannot put everything into it. It cannot be perfect from the outset, but I wish I had a pen. Also, it's way too expensive, so if the price falls, I would buy it right away." SHOPPERS WAITING FOR TRYING OUT GALAXY FOLD LETTERS ON LEFT SIDE OF PHONE READING (English): "SAMSUNG" SHOPPERS TRYING OUT GALAXY FOLD SHOPPER WATCHING VIDEO (SOUNDBITE) (Korean) 32-YEAR-OLD SOUTH KOREAN RESIDENT WHO HAS USED IPHONE, HA TAE-GEUN, SAYING: "Especially this kind of phone has never been presented before. Considering these functions, I may purchase Samsung's phone." PEOPLE LOOKING AT GALAXY FOLD ON DISPLAY GALAXY FOLD ON DISPLAY ENTRANCE OF SAMSUNG D'LIGHT SHOP
- Embargoed: 20th September 2019 08:51
- Keywords: Samsung Galaxy Fold foldable phone South Korea launch store
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA005AVIPR9J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Samsung Electronics launched its first foldable smartphone, the Galaxy Fold, in South Korea on Friday (September 6).
Shoppers were seen queuing up at Samsung's official store in central Seoul to try out the new gadget. The world's largest smartphone vendor said the device would be priced at 2.398 million won ($1,977).
One of the customers who has used Samsung's Galaxy Note series, Ryu Hwang-won, said he was satisfied with the adjustable screen size of the new phone but complained that the price was too high.
The device's main screen can show up to three apps simultaneously, allowing a user to multitask. When it is closed the display is replicated on an external screen - a feature known as "app continuity."
(Production: Daewoung Kim, Minwoo Park)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None