- Title: Xiaomi unveils 5G phones Mi 9 Pro and Mi MIX Alpha
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Summary: LEI SHOWING MI MIX ALPHA MEDIA TAKING PHOTOS VARIOUS OF LEI INTRODUCING MI MIX ALPHA/ SCREEN SHOWING LEI MEDIA TAKING PHOTOS SCREEN WITH TEXT READING (Chinese): "PRICE, 19,999 RMB" ($2,813.99)/ LEI SPEAKING ON STAGE MI MIX ALPHA ON DISPLAY PEOPLE TAKING PHOTOS WITH SMARTPHONES MI MIX ALPHA ON DISPLAY MAN'S HANDS TAKING PHOTO WITH SMARTPHONE MI MIX ALPHA ON DISPLAY MEDIA TAKING PHOTOS MI MIX ALPHA ON DISPLAY VARIOUS OF MI 9 PRO ON DISPLAY
- Embargoed: 8th October 2019 12:11
- Keywords: Xiaomi 5G Phone Mi 9 Pro Mi MIX Beijing smartphone release
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Information Technologies / Computer Sciences,Science
- Reuters ID: LVA003AY0M1E5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Xiaomi unveiled its new phones Mi 9 Pro and Mi MIX Alpha 5G on Tuesday (September 24), both equipped with the latest 5G technology.
This isn't the first time Xiaomi has launched a 5G phone, however, the Mi 9 Pro comes at a cheaper price tag of 3699 yuan ($520.47) in comparison to competitors such as Huawei and Samsung.
Equipped with a 108-megapixel Camera sensor, the Mi MIX Alpha has a unique curved display screen wrapped around the device and is capable of shooting 12032 x 9024 resolution photos.
A concept phone, the Mi MIX Alpha comes at a higher price -19,999 yuan ($2,813.99).
Shares of Xiaomi, which listed in Hong Kong last year, have lost nearly a third of their value this year and are at half their initial public offering price, hurt by the company's sharply slowing growth and increased competition. In early September, the company announced a HK$12 billion ($1.53 billion) share buyback plan aimed at boosting its floundering stock.
(Production: Thomas Suen)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None