- Title: Wall Street slides as push for Trump impeachment gains ground
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 24, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) REGENTATLANTIC, CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, CHRIS CORDARO, SAYING: "So, I mean so... I think we... we need to strike a deal with China. I think that the piece in this that I look at, I think, China has far more capacity to deal with pain than we do. And, so, if we're... if we're going to have a war of attrition, we're not going to win that war. And, so, I think we need to come out strong. We need to strike a good deal, but we need to strike a deal soon, because China is able to stay in their position much longer than we are."
- Embargoed: 8th October 2019 21:11
- Keywords: New York Stock Exchange NYSE closing bell markets stocks Chris Cordaro
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA004AY0R4P9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. stocks fell in volatile trade on Tuesday (September 24), giving the S&P 500 its biggest daily drop in a month, as a push by some Democrats for the impeachment of U.S. President Donald Trump gained momentum.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 141.68 points, or 0.53%, to 26,808.31, the S&P 500 lost 25.15 points, or 0.84%, to 2,966.63 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 118.84 points, or 1.46%, to 7,993.63.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None