- Title: Wall Street slides as push for Trump impeachment gains ground
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 24, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) REGENTATLANTIC, CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, CHRIS CORDARO, SAYING: "It just... it just shows how politicized trading action is. The market completely moving off news. You know, you can... you can... you can... you can go back and take every quote from Trump, and that was an inflection point in the market, which makes it difficult. Much easier for us to focus on fundamentals than worrying about what quotes are going to come out next."
- Embargoed: 8th October 2019 21:11
- Keywords: New York Stock Exchange NYSE closing bell markets stocks Chris Cordaro
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA002AY0R4P9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. stocks fell in volatile trade on Tuesday (September 24), giving the S&P 500 its biggest daily drop in a month, as a push by some Democrats for the impeachment of U.S. President Donald Trump gained momentum.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 141.68 points, or 0.53%, to 26,808.31, the S&P 500 lost 25.15 points, or 0.84%, to 2,966.63 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 118.84 points, or 1.46%, to 7,993.63.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None