- Title: Saint Laurent brings elegance to dazzling show in front of Eiffel Tower
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 24, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EIFFEL TOWER SPARKLING DURING SAINT LAURENT FASHION SHOW, MODELS WALK RUNWAY DAUGHTER OF CINDY CRAWFORD, MODEL KAIA GERBER ON CATWALK WEARING BLACK SPARKLING TUXEDO AND BLACK SHORT VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING GREEN TOP AND GOLD SKIRT VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING LONG BROWN BOOTS WITH SHORT BLACK SHORT AND BLACK SUNGLASSES MODELS ON CATWALK AUDIENCE VARIOUS OF MODEL NAOMI CAMPBELL WEARING BLACK TROUSER SUIT WITH TUXEDO / EIFFEL TOWER VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING BLACK TROUSER SUIT AND TIE VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING GOLD BOOTS WITH BLACK TROUSER AUDIENCE VARIOUS OF MODEL WITH SHORT BLOND HAIR WEARING LONG BLACK SLEEVELESS DRESS AUDIENCE VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING GOLD DRESS WITH COLOR EMBROIDERY AND RED BOOTS EIFFEL TOWER WITH LIGHTS ON CATWALK
- Embargoed: 8th October 2019 22:34
- Keywords: Eiffel Tower Paris Paris Fashion Week Saint Laurent YSL Kaia Gerber Naomi Campbell
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA001AY0RNMH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Saint Laurent's models on Tuesday (September 24) paraded down a runway filled with dozens of projector lights against the backdrop of the Eiffel Tower to showcase the French label's collection for Paris Fashion Week.
Long, fluid dresses and burnished gold embroideries from the 1970s, chosen by creative director Anthony Vaccarello for the 2020 summer collection, sparkled along with the Paris landmark.
Ushering in Vaccarello's fourth year in the job, the women's collection unveiled at the show heavily featured short and knee-length shorts, high boots, dazzling cigarette pants and jumpsuits.
See-through tops with deep necklines also set the tone for the looks.
Kaia Gerber, the daughter of top model Cindy Crawford, was one of the models, while Naomi Campbell closed the show.
"A sharp take on Saint Laurent classics devised to strengthen individuality," Saint Laurent said in a statement, describing the show.
The crowd included French icon Catherine Deneuve, Mexican actress Salma Hayek, who is married to Francois-Henri Pinault, chief executive of the Kering SA conglomerate that owns Saint Laurent, and actor Rami Malek, who played Queen frontman Freddie Mercury in the rock film drama "Bohemian Rhapsody."
In addition to Saint Laurent, the Kering luxury goods conglomerate owns the Gucci and Balenciaga labels. Saint Laurent accounts for around 13 percent of the group's revenue. Kering is scheduled to present its third-quarter sales results on Oct. 24.
(Production: Noemie Olive)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.