- Title: Explosion hits Afghan capital Kabul, six killed
- Date: 17th September 2019
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (SEPTEMBER 17, 2019) (REUTERS) WOUNDED PATIENTS LYING ON BEDS IN A HOSPITAL WARD VARIOUS OF WOUNDED PATIENTS ON HOSPITAL BEDS/ DOCTORS TENDING BANDAGED FACE OF ONE OF THE WOUNDED PATIENTS VARIOUS OF DOCTORS TENDING TO A WOUNDED MAN (SOUNDBITE) (Dari) A BLAST VICTIM, MUSTAFA GHIASI, SAYING: "I was waiting at the entrance of the recruitment centre when a man approached me and said that let me get inside. I was standing behind two men in the line when suddenly a blast occurred." VARIOUS OF DOCTORS TENDING TO WOUNDED PEOPLE (SOUNDBITE) (Pashto) AN OFFICIAL FROM THE AFGHAN MINISTRY OF PUBLIC HEALTH, HAJI KHAN ZAZI, SAYING: "From today's blast so far we have received 14 wounded people into Wazir Akbar Khan hospital. Their condition is stable and those needing operations have been transferred to the operation theatre." MEDICS WHEELING A WOUNDED MAN ON STRETCHER AMBULANCES PARKED OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL BUILDING
- Embargoed: 1st October 2019 11:28
- Keywords: Hospital wounded in hospital beds doctors Kabul Afghanistan
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001AX1NP6V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A blast in the center of Afghanistan's capital Kabul killed at least six people and wounded another 14 on Tuesday (September 17), police officials said.
Most of the wounded were being treated at Kabul's Wazir Akbar Khan hospital.
In a separate incident, an explosion near an election rally attended by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani killed 24 people and injured 31 others in Charikar, capital of Parwan province, north of Kabul, health officials said.
The Taliban insurgent group claimed responsibility for two blasts which it said killed dozens of people in Afghanistan on Tuesday.
Taliban commanders have said they will intensify clashes with Afghan and foreign forces to dissuade people from voting in the Sept. 28 presidential election, when Ghani will bid for a second five-year term.
(Production: Samargul Zwak, Sayed Hassib, Hameed Farzad)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None