- Title: Keith Flint remembered on what would have been his 50th birthday
- Date: 17th September 2019
- Summary: ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FANS EMBRACING FANS STANDING FANS LAYING FLOWERS AGAINST A WALL CRYING FAN UNION JACK FLAG READING (English): "THE PRODIGY" LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - AUGUST 3, 2009) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF LIAM HOWLETT (LEFT) AND KEITH FLINT (RIGHT) OF THE PRODIGY MILAN, ITALY (FILE) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) KEITH FLINT ARRIVING ON TO RED CARPET NUERBURGRING, GERMANY (FILE - JUNE 3, 2005) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF THE PRODIGY BACKSTAGE (SOUNDBITE) (English) 'THE PRODIGY' SINGER, KEITH FLINT SAYING: "Natural, I think it has been natural, you know, never has anything been planned or, you know, it's all been real. Certainly through doing the live shows, you know, putting ourselves into diverse arenas, different festivals, doing our own shows, and going from intense environments which are usually our own shows that we do, maybe with another support band, and then that intense environment and then coming to a festival like this, where you are playing with lots of other acts, and one minute you have got Slipknot or System Of The Down or Audioslave or whoever..."
- Embargoed: 1st October 2019 10:28
- Keywords: Keith Flint The Prodigy music bands death funeral dance punk
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA004AX1QKP9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS PROFANE LANGUAGE IN SHOT 1
The Prodigy called on late singer Keith Flint to "raise the roof" on what would have been his 50th birthday on Tuesday (September 17).
Flint died on March 4 this year, aged 49, in what the band's founder described as a suicide.
Flint was one of the best known faces of British electronic music, performing apparently random dance moves often with eccentric hair cuts, sometimes styled as devil's horns, and heavy makeup around his eyes.
Born in northeast London, Flint moved to Braintree in the mid-70s with his parents and in 1990 co-founded The Prodigy with Liam Howlett and Leeroy Thornhill.
The group had been due to tour the United States in May and released their latest album "No Tourists" in November.
(Production: Tara Oakes)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None