- Title: Keith Flint remembered on what would have been his 50th birthday
- Date: 17th September 2019
- Summary: BRAINTREE, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - MARCH 29, 2019) (REUTERS) PRODIGY LEAD SINGER KEITH FLINT'S COFFIN BEING CARRIED INTO CHURCH YARD / FANS AND MOURNERS IN COURT YARD APPLAUDING AND CHEERING
- Embargoed: 1st October 2019 10:28
- Keywords: Keith Flint The Prodigy music bands death funeral dance punk
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Music
- Reuters ID: LVA002AX1QKP9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS PROFANE LANGUAGE IN SHOT 1
The Prodigy called on late singer Keith Flint to "raise the roof" on what would have been his 50th birthday on Tuesday (September 17).
Flint died on March 4 this year, aged 49, in what the band's founder described as a suicide.
Flint was one of the best known faces of British electronic music, performing apparently random dance moves often with eccentric hair cuts, sometimes styled as devil's horns, and heavy makeup around his eyes.
Born in northeast London, Flint moved to Braintree in the mid-70s with his parents and in 1990 co-founded The Prodigy with Liam Howlett and Leeroy Thornhill.
The group had been due to tour the United States in May and released their latest album "No Tourists" in November.
(Production: Tara Oakes)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None