- Title: Ballroom meets the beach as Peter Pilotto opens Milan Fashion Week
- Date: 18th September 2019
- Summary: DESIGNERS CHRISTOPHER DE VOS (LEFT) AND PETER PILOTTO (RIGHT) GREETING AUDIENCE AT END OF FASHION SHOW
- Embargoed: 2nd October 2019 14:03
- Keywords: Peter Pilotto Christopher De Vos Milan Fashion Week Fashion Catwalk Spring/Summer 2020
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- City: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA002AX6QVKP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Peter Pilotto opened Milan Fashion Week with "a dose of solar optimism" on Wednesday (September 18), presenting a vibrant and colourful spring collection merging beach and ballroom inspirations.
The UK-based label unveiled its latest womenswear line as well as some new creations for men on the catwalk, taking fashionistas to the beach with plenty of floral patterns and bright hues - orange, lime, turquoise and pink.
Designer duo Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos showcased dresses that came in towel-like materials and skirts reminiscent of sarongs, most accessorised with summer hats.
Shirts, namely in bowling style cuts, were large and loose and there were also engineered cropped knit tops and dresses, ribbed skirts, crochet-like cardigans and spacious evening jackets.
The ballroom theme came in the shape of voluminous skirts synched at the waist, corseted tops and asymmetric draped silk gowns. Sparkling jewellery and stiletto heels added to the glamorous evening feel.
Male models wore silky suits as well as floral printed shirts and loose cropped trousers, accessorised with summer hats and sandals.
One model looked like he was heading straight for a dip in the sea wearing a colourful bathrobe-like design over shorts and an undone shirt.
The designers said they wanted to create an abstract floral painting feel to the line, whose mixed designs were also inspired by couples borrowing each other's clothes.
The duo also presented a new leather goods line made up of satchels, backpacks, mini pouches and floral tote bags in bright colours. The designers said they wanted the bags to be playful.
The brand, which launched in 2007, has dressed numerous celebrities and was the bridal choice for Britain's Princess Eugenie when got married at Windsor Castle last year
Milan Fashion Week is the third leg in the month-long Spring/Summer 2020 catwalk run which began in New York and also includes London and Paris.
(Production: Cristiano Corvino and Marie-Louise Gumuchian)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None