- Title: Ballroom meets the beach as Peter Pilotto opens Milan Fashion Week
- Date: 18th September 2019
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY, (SEPTEMBER 18, 2019) (REUTERS) MODEL WEARING ASYMMETRIC MIXED FLORAL PRINT DRESS ON CATWALK MALE MODEL WEARING FLORAL AND LEAF PRINT SHIRT AND TROUSERS ON CATWALK MODEL WEARING AQUAMARINE SKIRT SUIT ON CATWALK MODEL IN FLORAL CORSET TOP AND BRIGHT PINK SKIRT ON CATWALK MODEL IN BLUE AND PURPLE LONG RIBBED DRESS ON CATWALK MODEL IN FLORAL CORSET, KNIT TOP AND AQUAMARINE TROUSERS ON CATWALK MALE MODEL IN BLUE AND PURPLE TOP AND FLORAL BLACK AND PINK CROPPED TROUSERS ON CATWALK REFLECTION OF MODEL WALKING ON CATWALK MODEL IN CORSET TOP AND DENIM TROUSERS VARIOUS OF FEMALE AND MALE MODEL IN YELLOW AND ORANGE MATCHING OUTFITS ON CATWALK MODEL IN FLORAL DRESS KNOTTED AT WAIST ON CATWALK, FOLLOWED BY MODEL IN BLUE JACKET OVER FLORAL PRINT DRESS AUDIENCE FILMING SHOW ON PHONES MODEL IN FLORAL PRINT JACKET, CROPPED TOP AND ASYMMETRIC SKIRT ON CATWALK MODEL IN BLUE FLORAL TOP AND BLACK FLORAL SKIRT ON CATWALK AUDIENCE WATCHING SHOW MODEL IN LIME TROUSER SUIT ON CATWALK MODEL IN LONG COLOURFUL CARDIGAN AND CROPPED TROUSERS ON CATWALK VARIOUS OF MALE MODEL IN LONG BATHROBE-LIKE DESIGN OVER SHIRT AND SHORTS ON CATWALK, FOLLOWED BY MODEL IN FLORAL PRINT SHIRT AND SKIRT MODEL IN FLORAL PRINT JACKET ON CATWALK
- Embargoed: 2nd October 2019 14:03
- Keywords: Peter Pilotto Christopher De Vos Milan Fashion Week Fashion Catwalk Spring/Summer 2020
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- City: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA001AX6QVKP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Peter Pilotto opened Milan Fashion Week with "a dose of solar optimism" on Wednesday (September 18), presenting a vibrant and colourful spring collection merging beach and ballroom inspirations.
The UK-based label unveiled its latest womenswear line as well as some new creations for men on the catwalk, taking fashionistas to the beach with plenty of floral patterns and bright hues - orange, lime, turquoise and pink.
Designer duo Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos showcased dresses that came in towel-like materials and skirts reminiscent of sarongs, most accessorised with summer hats.
Shirts, namely in bowling style cuts, were large and loose and there were also engineered cropped knit tops and dresses, ribbed skirts, crochet-like cardigans and spacious evening jackets.
The ballroom theme came in the shape of voluminous skirts synched at the waist, corseted tops and asymmetric draped silk gowns. Sparkling jewellery and stiletto heels added to the glamorous evening feel.
Male models wore silky suits as well as floral printed shirts and loose cropped trousers, accessorised with summer hats and sandals.
One model looked like he was heading straight for a dip in the sea wearing a colourful bathrobe-like design over shorts and an undone shirt.
The designers said they wanted to create an abstract floral painting feel to the line, whose mixed designs were also inspired by couples borrowing each other's clothes.
The duo also presented a new leather goods line made up of satchels, backpacks, mini pouches and floral tote bags in bright colours. The designers said they wanted the bags to be playful.
The brand, which launched in 2007, has dressed numerous celebrities and was the bridal choice for Britain's Princess Eugenie when got married at Windsor Castle last year
Milan Fashion Week is the third leg in the month-long Spring/Summer 2020 catwalk run which began in New York and also includes London and Paris.
(Production: Cristiano Corvino and Marie-Louise Gumuchian)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.