- Title: Climate activists stage funeral at London Fashion Week
- Date: 17th September 2019
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 17, 2019) (REUTERS) PEOPLE IN ELABORATE RED OUTFITS WALKING DURING PROTEST
- Embargoed: 1st October 2019 20:37
- Keywords: London Fashion Week Extinction Rebellion protest coffin environmental. consumerism Sara Arnold
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA001AX1S6DJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Funeral attire, dead flowers and sustainable fashion designs were paraded through London on Tuesday (September 17) as climate activists from Extinction Rebellion held a funeral procession for London Fashion week.
Starting in Trafalgar Square and walking along The Strand, activists carried coffins and waved flags while musicians led them towards the event's main venue.
The climate activists had previously glued themselves to a door and poured out a "bleeding" red carpet on the opening day of London Fashion, as well as demonstrating outside Victoria Beckham's fashion show over the weekend.
With growing environmental awareness, some fashion brands are seeking to improve their green credentials but demonstrators want to see more action.
Extinction Rebellion, which has staged several protests in recent months, had called on London Fashion Week organisers to cancel the five-day industry event where designers are unveiling their latest womenswear lines.
(Production: Gerry Mey, Jayson Mansaray)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.