- Title: Warning system test sirens ring out in Saudi capital
- Date: 19th September 2019
- Summary: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA (SEPTEMBER 19, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PEOPLE AND CARS IN FRONT OF A SCHOOL WHERE THE SOUND OF WARNING SIRENS CAN BE HEARD CARS DRIVING PAST THE SCHOOL (SOUNDBITE) (English) SCHOOL STUDENT (NO NAME GIVEN), SAYING: "The warning sirens is a test in case there is war or anything like this." CARS DRIVING PAST THE SCHOOL AND FAMILIES TAKING THEIR CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL WITH THE SOUND OF SIRENS A MAN PUTTING SCHOOLBAGS IN THE BOOT OF A CAR (SOUNDBITE) (English) ABDULLAH AL DOSARI, RESIDENT OF RIYADH, SAYING: "I heard the warning sirens and it's a good incentive by the civil defence in order to remind people and educate them enough to know when there is danger coming." BOY LOOKING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE SIRENS SOUND
- Embargoed: 3rd October 2019 14:34
- Keywords: Saudi Arabia Riyadh sirens saudi arabia sirens test sirens
- Location: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
- City: RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
- Country: Saudi Arabia
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA001AXBQSZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Saudi Civil defence conducted three warning sirens on Thursday (September 19) in Riyadh, two days after Aramco sites were attacked in the country's Eastern province.
The warning drills were conducted in Al-Diriyah, Al-Dilma, and Kharj areas of the Saudi capital.
Saudi Arabia's oil mogul, Aramco had two sites attacked on Saturday (September 14), causing a partial halt in the company's production according to newly appointed Energy Minister, Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman.
Saudi Arabia has accused Iran of being behind the attack and showed remnants of what it called Iranian drones and cruise missiles, saying they are undeniable evidence of Iranian aggression.
Iran's foreign minister responded by telling CNN that the Islamic Republic "won't blink" if it has to defend itself against any U.S. or Saudi military strike, which he said would lead to "all-out war".
(Production: Nael Shyoukhi, Tarek Fahmy, Sarah Duffy)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None